Final Blog

Final Blog


For one project, we had to create a poster design, postcard design, and ticket design for a music concert or art show. I picked a music concert of one of my favorite musicians, Regina Spektor. It took me a long time; I believe it was around three weeks of work. I ended up getting behind while working on the vector portrait of her, but I’m proud of how it turned out. It was difficult to catch up and keep up. However, learning how to use adobe better was a good experience. Overall, I like this project, and so did my table partner. I did have to adjust the ticket design due to it being boring with just Regina, so I added the flowers. The poster is my favorite, mostly because you can see the vector graphic the best in that one.







  In this project, we had to create a card design for some occasion. For mine, I decided to make a design for my dad’s 50th birthday and for my brother’s high school graduation. It took me a couple weeks, but I was actually ahead for the most part of this one, thus why I did the second design. I had a lot of trouble trying to sketch out designs. I am very indecisive, but what was even worse was deciding what design to do for the birthday card. I did learn a bit on how to use indesign, though. I had to get some help from my teacher for formatting of the cards, but she said my cards were fine. I added the second design when I had extra time. In my opinion, this project turned out fairly well; it’s not my favorite, but it’s better than most of the other projects I’ve had.












For our most recent project, we had to design quite a few logos and pick out color palettes for each of them. I enjoyed this project since it gave me a lot of freedom. Plus, it was very much related to graphic design. It took me around two weeks to finish everything, including the mockups. I had to work a lot with shapes and perfect geometry, but it was a good learning experience. The difficulty was in finding color palettes. I love color, but deciding on colors and finding colors that go together was difficult. Most people who I showed my project to approved of it. I had to change some ideas with color palettes, since some colors didn’t look as good together as I thought they would. Nonetheless, I had fun and I think the project turned out well.










During class, I would often be falling behind or be far ahead. When I was falling behind, I would do my best to catch up, but when I was ahead, I would see what I could do to improve my project or projects. I would make sure everything was turned in correctly and uploaded to behance and/or blogger. I also would look up different controls of adobe illustrator or other adobe products. If I had the time left, I would look over my project and find if there was something I could correct or improve, which often came in handy. Outside of class, I spend a lot of time drawing, designing, or practicing digital art on my drawing monitor at home. I try my best to improve myself and hope to keep improving.


I’ve been in the eCommunication program for two years now. I’d like to think I’ve improved quite a lot. In my opinion, I have improved my sense of design and color sensibility. I have figured out what kinds of colors do and don’t go together. My technical skills and knowledge of adobe programs like illustrator, photoshop, indesign, and after effects. I think my project management has improved as well. I learned a lot in these two years.


Despite learning so much, I still think there is a whole lot more that I need to work to improve on. In coming years, I hope to improve my time management as to not fall behind. I tend to spend too much time on one thing and then rush on the rest of the project. Unfortunately, I am still terrible at collaboration. I do okay with it, but I have troubles with working with group members. Of course, this might be less of an issue if they actually helped. I hope to at least improve my communication with my collaborators. There’s plenty more I can improve on.


In graphic design, I enjoyed the much more reasonable due dates and time limits for our class. The instructions were always very clear and straightforward. If I could change anything about the class, I would have more work on logos, more types of design, and just lessons on other topics of design. Next year, I’m hoping to learn how to animate well and illustrate better. I want to improve my skills and have the freedom to express myself creatively. All in all, I’ve had a good year. It was always nice to go to graphic design, due to it being so relaxing to work in there, and a much more free atmosphere than my other classes. I enjoyed graphic design a lot. Thank you to Ms. Beaudoin and my classmates!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SketchUp Project

10 Words Animation Project