SketchUp Project


SketchUp was quite the interesting program. It was easy for me to handle the basics due to having previous experience with it. There were difficulties later on in the project. Occasionally there would be some problems with the measurements of the windows and roof. Near the end I was extremely confused on what our instructor meant by seamless textures. I thought it was referring to the black outlines not being there so I worked for a long time trying to figure out how to make my project "seamless." I finally came to the instructor and found out seamless textures are just imported repeatable patterns of bricks, wood, and any other material that our house might have.


Overall the project was enjoyable. This will be my last animation project until potentially fourth quarter. If I do pick animation as one of my classes next year I'm hoping for frame by frame 2D animation.


The plans were difficult for me to work with as it would have been handy if they provided measurements for each wall. I had to take a lot of trial and error to get the proportions right and had to estimate where the windows would be as shown in the design.



The plans were difficult for me to work with as it would have been handy if they provided measurements for each wall. I had to take a lot of trial and error to get the proportions right and had to estimate where the windows would be as shown in the design.

Some of the textures I used





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Blog

10 Words Animation Project