Performance Review

Performance

Landscape Man

We were assigned to photoshop images over his jacket and shirt to create a "Landscape Man," as it was called. This took around a week of class, but I came in a lot during lunch and after school to get it finished, since I was behind. I had a whole lot of difficulty in remembering how to use different tools of photoshop. With doing that, I had to relearn a lot of photoshop tools, so that was incredibly difficult. After I finished, I did get compliments, mostly due to its difference from most other projects. Most people were using forest scenes or nature, but I couldn't work with that, so I went with a cityscape. I really like this one, actually. It has such bright colors and contrast, so this really appeals to my favorite color palettes.

Panorama

This project was a panorama of photographs that follow a certain theme. My theme was childhood memories. We spent around two weeks in class, I believe, but I took a while and had to spend time after class and during lunch. It was very difficult melding all of these different photos together, since there wasn't much in common with any of them. I did my best, however. I learned a lot about photoshop that I'd forgotten about, since I had to work with a variety of tools. It was generally liked, but I didn't receive much feedback except for the fact that the theme is interesting. Originally I was going to try to do the golden hours theme, but I liked a lot of these photos, so I used them. I do like this work overall, and I think I've improved.

Infographic

For this project, we researched a topic of our choice to create an infographic on. I selected Social Anxiety Disorder as my topic. We have spent four weeks in class, and it is still not due yet. Figuring out how to format and what fonts to use was difficult, but eventually I found a good font. I have learned a lot about Adobe Illustrator with this project. I have received a lot of compliments on color palette, due to the contrast of yellow and blue. At the beginning of this project, I had a couple graphics planned and a lot more I wanted to put in, but I selected what I thought was important. So far, I really like it, surprisingly. I feel it's a good infographic over an important topic.

This is my portfolio!

Improving projects

I would correct anything and review the directions to find any errors or missing portions in my work if I had spare time. If any portion was missing or just didn't look right, I would add some decoration or clean up the project. What do you do outside of class to enhance your work as a graphic
design student or to better your projects? 
I had to come in a lot to finish certain projects earlier this year, which was stressful, but rewarding.

Strengths and weak points

I feel like my strengths as a graphic design student are being able to view a project as a whole, and work around issues. However, I think I need to improve my project management so I'm not rushing near the end of each project. Perhaps improving my technical skills would be beneficial as well, just to remember the tool functions.

Summary

I loved having more creative freedom than other classes such as math or science. If I had to change something, I would try to pace myself, instead of taking it easy until the very last day or two before a deadline. This course has taught me a lot about design and photoshop. Next semester I'd like to do a project that I can be truly proud of. All in all, it has been a fun class, and I think I'll enjoy the next semester as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Blog

SketchUp Project

10 Words Animation Project