Vector Portrait


Vector Portrait

Pre-Production:


I used a photograph of my lovely bunny, Gunter. It was difficult finding a flattering picture of him, since he's rather camera shy. However, once I found one that I liked and was clear enough, I imported the image, then posterizing the image in photoshop. Gunter was a fun subject, since he's very cute and always seems to have some sort of expression in his body language.

Production:

It was difficult to work with the pen tool in illustrator, just due to layer errors or the vector lines not turning out exactly how I wanted them. However, I did work out all the issues and learned more about how to use the pen tool. I moved the layers into different body parts and tried to work better with layering the different colors and pieces. I did try to use repetition in the colors, but contrasted the mostly monotone colors of Gunter with the blue background.

Post-Production/Final Product:

Overall, I do like how this image turned out. That might be biased coming from me, since I find Gunter to be very adorable and pleasing to the eye. If I redid it, I would add more detail and colors, as well as change the background color. However, Gunter looks great as always, and I'm happy with how it turned out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Blog

SketchUp Project

10 Words Animation Project